184 Dudley Street
Administrative Assistant - Full-time
Madison Park Development Corporation (MPDC) seeks a full-time Administrative Assistant. The Administrative Assistant must be a self-motivated professional with unwavering integrity and dedication. Reporting to the Office Manager, the Administrative Assistant is responsible for providing administrative and secretarial support within the organization.
MPDC is an active and established community development corporation (CDC) that serves the Roxbury neighborhood of Boston with our housing and community development activities. Our mission is to develop and preserve quality, mixed-income housing in Roxbury, and to promote the renaissance of Dudley Square as a thriving neighborhood business district, recognized as a center of commerce and culture that anchors the economic revitalization of Roxbury. We are an organization of about 35 employees working throughout various departments.
- Provide regular front desk coverage including managing a multi-line phone system (answer main line and direct phone calls when receptionist is out) and general support to visitors
- Assist the Office Manager with managing office functions
- Organize and schedule appointments and weekly meetings for the departments
- Submit and reconcile credit card receipts and expense reports
- Maintain filing system, contact lists, and organizational charts
- Make travel and meeting arrangements
- Assist in the preparation of regularly scheduled reports
- Set up meetings, including technology i.e. projectors, laptops
- Maintain the Salesforce platform and input data into the system
- Support with MPDC events
- Assist the Communications, Resource Development, Hibernian Hall, and Community Action departments with various assignments and projects.
- Support with marketing and communication strategies
- Other duties as assigned and as needed
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 3 plus years of administrative experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and Publisher
- Advanced knowledge of Salesforce. Working knowledge of Live Tiles, a plus. Social media skills, a plus
- Ability to balance multiple projects while performing at a high level in a demanding, fast-paced environment
- Flexibility and adaptability; a strong work ethic; an entrepreneurial spirit; and capacity to assume broad responsibilities and manage shifting priorities
- Demonstrated effective customer service and problem-solving approach to work
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to deal with a diverse public
- Excellent organizational skills, including workload management and the ability to complete appropriate projects with minimum supervision
- Bi-lingual a plus
MPDC offers an excellent compensation and benefits package including four weeks of vacation accrued each year. Insurance benefits include medical, dental, and vision insurance with generous company contributuions.