44 Washington Street
RIHousing – Administration Assistant
Pay Rate - $21.16 - $23.60/hour
RIHousing is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
What it’s all about:
This position is accountable for providing accurate and timely confidential administrative support to the Leased Housing and Rental Services Division Director, Deputy Executive Director, as well as to other division staff as needed.
What you’ll do on a daily basis:
This position performs various administrative, research and customer service functions, as well as providing organizational support to the Deputy Executive Director, Division Director and Assistant Directors. Since this position is not routine in nature, the incumbent must be flexible, well organized, and able to set priorities and work independently to complete assigned projects. He/she projects a positive corporate image through professional and courteous contact with all constituencies.
A sampling of the incumbent's daily tasks is as follows: prepares routine correspondence and mass mailings; handles telephone inquiries; ensures that RIHousing program materials and information sources are made available to internal and external contacts; processes incoming/outgoing mail; maintains records retention system and flextime schedules; orders office supplies and maintains appropriate inventory levels; schedules appointments/meetings and greets visitors; serves as staff back up to rental assistance programs and provides support as needed to corporate customer service. The incumbent also processes check requests; prepares board presentation packages; performs data entry; maintains program manuals; maintains mailing lists and other data base systems and makes travel arrangements.
A major focus of this position is to provide administrative support and/or provide back up program support for the contract administration, tenant-based, and supportive service staff of the Leased Housing and Rental Services Division. Responsibilities include data entry of rental property and tenant information, compliance reports and annual certification notices, assistance in the preparation of the program participants’ quarterly newsletter, maintenance of the subsidy assistance databases, and customer service telephone support. Incumbent must have the ability to maintain confidential information.
Based on the incumbent's area of expertise and experience level, he/she also performs specialized, technical functions as assigned. These may include but are not limited to; designing forms and databases; customer service and programs quality control; and performing research duties as assigned.
What you’ll bring to the team:
- Provide accurate and timely administrative and organizational support to the Leased Housing and Rental Services Director and Deputy Executive Director
- Perform required administrative and support duties for the contract administration, tenant-based, and supportive service staff to ensure the efficient operation of the Division.
- Serve as staff back up to support program areas
- Provide program information and referral to clients and constituents.
- Perform special projects, research and reporting as assigned.
- Project a positive corporate image through professional and courteous contact with all constituencies.
What you’ll need to succeed:
- Business school certificate or Associates degree preferred.
- Three to five years administrative experience, preferably in the property management/rental assistance field
- Proficiency in word processing and spreadsheet software packages
- Strong communications and organizational skills
- Ability to work in multi-project environment
- Bilingual ability required (particularly Spanish)
- Mission Driven Organization
- Dedicated Workforce
- Competitive salary
- Parking Stipend
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Retirement Options
- Flexible Work Hours
- If Position Eligible, Future Hybrid Work May Be Available
- Education Reimbursement
- Onsite Fitness Classes
- Volunteer Days
- Winner of “Best Places to Work” 2016, 2018, 2019,2021
- Worksite Health Award 2013-2021
RIHousing strives to ensure that all people who live or work in Rhode Island can afford a healthy, attractive home that meets their needs. A good home provides the foundation upon which individuals and families thrive, children learn and grow, and communities prosper.
To achieve our mission, we:
- Offer fair, affordable, and innovative lending programs.
- Provide housing-related education to consumers and others.
- Promote and finance sensible development that builds healthy, vibrant communities.
- Provide housing grants and subsidies to Rhode Islanders with the greatest need.
- Team up with partners to improve everything we do.
RIHousing uses its resources to provide low-interest loans, grants, education, and assistance to help Rhode Islanders find, rent, buy, build, and keep a good home. Created by the General Assembly in 1973, RIHousing is a privately funded public purpose corporation. RIHousing requires its employees to be highly motivated and knowledgeable, have a sound understanding of the changing needs of Rhode Island's housing market, be willing to work within and toward a smoothly integrated operation, demonstrate a commitment to serve the people of Rhode Island, especially those with low and moderate incomes in need of safe and affordable homes, and possess a high level of integrity and deep respect for all Rhode Islanders, including customers, partners and fellow employees.
Apply on Company website - https://www.rihousing.com/careers/