The Department of Housing and Community Development (DHCD) released its Draft Analysis of Impediments to Fair Housing. The draft Analysis is open for public comment.
DHCD will hold a public hearing on the draft on April 29 in Boston, from 5:00-7:00 p.m. at the Boston Planning and Development Agency (City Hall, 9th Floor Board Room, 1 City Hall Square, Boston, MA, 02201).
Come share your views on the Commonwealth’s draft Analysis of Impediments to Fair Housing Choice. DHCD wants to hear from you about issues such as:
- Racial and ethnic segregation, including segregated, concentrated areas of poverty
- Gentrification and displacement of residents from their communities
- Access to communities with high quality schools, good jobs, and public transportation
- Access barriers for people with disabilities
- Fair housing enforcement
- Particular housing challenges faced by families with children, voucher holders, persons with disabilities, and
- Other fair housing issues that are important to you
For reasonable accommodations at the public hearing, please contact (617) 573-1100 (TTY 617-573-1140), or email email@example.com.
Written comments may also be sent to 100 Cambridge Street, Suite 300, Boston, MA, 02114, Attn: Office of the General Counsel, or submitted online through the Analysis of Impediments (AI) survey.
Comments must be submitted by May 29, 2019.
To learn more, visit DHCD's website by clicking here.