The Community Development Partnership offers a Homebuyer Education course for first time buyers. These courses provide information on budgeting, looking for, selecting, and purchasing a home, and local resources that may be available to buyers.
The Homebuyer Education Course has received the Massachusetts Homeownership Collaborative's "Seal of Approval” from the Citizens’ Housing and Planning Association (CHAPA). CHAPA certification is essential for potential first-time homebuyers to access affordable mortgage products such as those offered by MassHousing, Massachusetts Housing Partnership ("ONE" program), other municipal and government programs and some commercial lenders, and down payment and closing cost assistance programs.
The workshop covers: credit health and budgeting; mortgage process and options; finding the right home and making an offer; appraisals; home inspection; legal procedures and protections; insurance protection; home energy audits and savings; ongoing homeownership. Classes are open to any interested individuals or households (2 people).
- The course consists of 9 hours of instruction over 3 classes.
- Participants must attend all three classes to receive their Certificates of Completion.
- Each participant is required to pull a credit report in order to receive their Certificate of Completion.
- Certificates are active for two years.
- Tuesday, February 4th, 2020, 6:00pm - 9:00pm
- Thursday, February 6th, 2020, 6:00pm - 9:00pm
- Tuesday, February 11th, 2020, 6:00pm - 9:00pm
- Please reserve February 13th as a snow date in case any of the classes above must be rescheduled due to bad weather.
Location: Community Development Partnership, 3 Main Street Mercantile, Unit 8, Eastham, 02642.
Questions? Please contact Andrea Aldana, Director of Housing Advocacy, (508) 240-7873 x10 or Andrea@capecdp.org