September 15, 2022
September 15, 2022
Virtual Zoom Meeting
Boston, MA 02108
Calling all planning and zoning board members, public officials, municipal staff, affordable housing developers, housing advocates, and real estate professionals!
How can your community expand its affordable housing opportunities? Join us virtually on September 15th, September 22nd, and September 29th from 3:00 PM to 4:30 PM for our Tools and Strategies for Increasing Housing Production Virtual Conference (formerly our annual Chapter 40B Conference). During the conference, we’ll focus on several important tools as well as community engagement strategies for planners and advocates to implement those tools.
Session 1 (Sept. 15): 40B Basics, Current 40B Hot Topics, Local Initiative (“friendly” 40B or LIP) Program, and Local Action Units
Agenda and bios
To view the Recording of session 1, please click HERE.
- Opening Remarks: Felicia Jacques, CHAPA Board President & Managing Director | Development, Maloney Properties, Inc.
- Edward Marchant, EHM Consulting & Adjunct Lecturer in Public Policy at Harvard University Graduate School of Design - Presentation
- Phillip DeMartino, Senior Technical Assistance Planning Coordinator/40B, Department of Housing and Community Development (DHCD) - Presentation, SHI update & Housing Plan Production Goals
- Paul J. Haverty, Partner, Blatman, Bobrowski, Haverty & Silverstein, LLC
- Rieko Hayashi, Local Initiative Program Director, DHCD - Presentation
- Amanda Chiancola, Deputy Director of Planning and Development, City of Salem - Presentation
- Clayton Williams, Permitting and Acquisitions, Eastland Partners, Inc. - Presentation
- Alyxandra Sabatino, LAU Coordinator, DHCD
Session 2 (Sept. 22): Affordable Housing is a Team Sport: Building Partnerships to Reach Your Housing Goals
To view the Recording of session 2, please click HERE.
- Whitney Demetrius, Director of Fair Housing Engagement, CHAPA, in conversation with:
- Lor Holmes, Revere Housing Coalition
- Reuben Kantor, Chief Innovation Officer | Office of Innovation and Data Management, City of Revere
- Aaron Clausen, Principal Planning Director, City of Lynn
- Jeff Weeden, Planning and Development Specialist, Lynn Housing and Neighborhood Developers
- Lillian Romero, Lynn Housing Coalition
- Lily Linke, Municipal Engagement Program Associate, CHAPA, in conversation with:
- Dana Menon, Town Planner, Town of Essex
- Anne Cameron, Essex Housing Coalition
- Susan Worgaftik, Housing Greenfield
- MJ Adams, Director of Community & Economic Development, City of Greenfield
- Sonia Cruz, Housing Navigator, Franklin County Regional Housing and Redevelopment Authority
Session 3 (Sept. 29): MBTA Communities Multifamily Zoning Implementation
To view the Recording of session 3, please click HERE.
- Introductory remarks by Undersecretary Jennifer Maddox, DHCD
Q&A with Chris Kluchman, FAICP, Deputy Director, Community Services Division, DHCD - Presentation
- Planning tool demonstration with Tom Hopper, Director of Research & Analytics, and Matija Jankovic, Senior Research Analyst, Center for Housing Data, Massachusetts Housing Partnership - Presentation
Tickets are $25 for non-CHAPA members and $15 for CHAPA members and cover all three sessions. If you are a current student, please reach out to Carol Marine (email@example.com) for pricing. No refunds will be provided to those who register but do not attend the conference.
More panelists and speakers TBA!