- About CHAPA
- Housing Policy
- CHAPA's Budget and Legislative Priorities
- Smart Growth
- CHAPA Housing Briefs
- Chapter 40B
- Research and Reports
- Foreclosure Information
- Public Housing Reform
- The Attorney General's Community Based HomeCorps
- New England Housing Network
- On Solid Ground
- Consultant Directory
- Jobs Board
- Housing & Courses
- Engage with CHAPA!
- Create a login to manage your account, membership, & events!
- Already have an account? Login!
- Post Jobs, Consultant Listings, & Homebuyer Workshops
- Join CHAPA
- Become a New Individual CHAPA Member!
- Become a New Organizational CHAPA Member!
- Donate to CHAPA!
- Join CHAPA's Email List!
President’s Jobs Bill Includes $15 Billion for Rehabilitation of Homes and Commercial Properties - September 9, 2011
Submitted by admin on Fri, 09/09/2011 - 11:49am
According to the Fact Sheet published yesterday by The White House, The American Jobs Act will include $15 billion for rehabilitation of homes and commercial properties:
"The President is proposing to invest $15 billion in a national effort to put construction workers on the job rehabilitating and refurbishing hundreds of thousands of vacant and foreclosed homes and businesses. Building on proven approaches to stabilizing neighborhoods with high concentrations of foreclosures, Project Rebuild will bring in expertise and capital from the private sector, focus on commercial and residential property improvements, and expand innovative property solutions like land banks. This approach will not only create construction jobs but will help reduce blight and crime and stabilize housing prices in areas hardest hit by the housing crisis."
Please click here to read the full fact sheet.