- About CHAPA
- Housing Policy
- CHAPA's Budget Priorities
- CHAPA's Legislative Priorities
- Smart Growth
- CHAPA Housing Briefs
- Chapter 40B
- Research and Reports
- Foreclosure Information
- New England Housing Network
- On Solid Ground
- Consultant Directory
- Jobs Board
- Housing & Courses
- Engage with CHAPA!
- Create a login to manage your account, membership, & events!
- Already have an account? Login!
- Post Jobs, Consultant Listings, & Homebuyer Workshops
- Join CHAPA
- Become a New Individual CHAPA Member!
- Become a New Organizational CHAPA Member!
- Donate to CHAPA!
- Join CHAPA's Email List!
A Message from Chris Estes, National Housing Conference, on the Budget Outlook for Housing - March 9, 2017
Submitted by admin on Thu, 03/09/2017 - 4:54pm
Chris Estes, President and CEO of National Housing Conference, released a statement today regarding the leaked budget documents referencing a potential $6 billion cut to HUD. "Such a cut would be devastating to housing and community development efforts: elimination of HOME and CDBG, deep cuts to public housing and rental assistance, and near elimination of now-smaller programs like housing for the elderly and people with disabilities." Click here to read the statement and learn both what this means and how we can be united and coordinated in our advocacy.