- About CHAPA
- Housing Policy
- CHAPA's Budget Priorities
- CHAPA's Legislative Priorities
- Smart Growth
- CHAPA Housing Briefs
- Chapter 40B
- Research and Reports
- Foreclosure Information
- New England Housing Network
- On Solid Ground
- Consultant Directory
- Jobs Board
- Housing & Courses
- Engage with CHAPA!
- Create a login to manage your account, membership, & events!
- Already have an account? Login!
- Post Jobs, Consultant Listings, & Homebuyer Workshops
- Join CHAPA
- Become a New Individual CHAPA Member!
- Become a New Organizational CHAPA Member!
- Donate to CHAPA!
- Join CHAPA's Email List!
Governor Baker Files Supplemental Budget for Emergency Assistance Family Shelter System - February 21, 2017
Submitted by admin on Tue, 02/21/2017 - 5:13pm
On February 17th, Governor Baker filed a $259 million supplemental budget for underfunded programs in the current FY2017 state budget.
The Governor provided nearly $21 million more for Emergency Assistance (7004-0101) family shelter system. This would bring total spending for Emergency Assistance shelters in FY2017 to $176 million. The budget also amends the foreclosure counseling program (7006-0011) to allow these funds to be used for Housing Consumer Education Centers (HCECs).
For a copy of the Governor's supplemental budget proposal (H.72), please click here.
The House will now take up the supplemental budget where it is currently before the House Committee on Ways and Means.