- About CHAPA
- Housing Policy
- CHAPA's Budget and Legislative Priorities
- Smart Growth
- CHAPA Housing Briefs
- Chapter 40B
- Research and Reports
- Foreclosure Information
- CHAPA Young Professionals Group
- Public Housing Reform
- New England Housing Network
- Consultant Directory
- Jobs Board
- Join CHAPA
- Looking for Housing?
CHAPA Letter to Senator Kerry on FY11 HUD Budget Cuts - March 1, 2011
Submitted by admin on Tue, 06/21/2011 - 6:07am
The House of Representatives passed its version of the FY11 federal budget on February 19th, with $61 billion in cuts compared to last year’s budget. This includes a 12% cut to affordable housing and community development programs, which would have to be absorbed in the seven months remaining in this fiscal year. The final outcome of this budget debate will greatly influence the upcoming FY12 budget process.
The Senate returns from recess today, and will be taking up the budget this week. We need our Senators to reject these massive budget cuts to public housing, Community Development Block Grants (CDBG), HOME, housing counseling, fuel assistance, rental assistance for veterans, and housing for the elderly and people with disabilities.
Call Senators John Kerry and Scott Brown to say:
1) Affordable housing and community development programs are being targeted for some of the deepest cuts in this budget proposal; and
2) These cuts will be devastating to the lowest income and most vulnerable families and seniors.
Click here for CHAPA’s letter to Senator Kerry and Senator Brown, which provides details of the cuts.
For more information contact, Cindy Rowe at 617-742-0820.