- About CHAPA
- Annual Reports
- CHAPA Housing Briefs
- CHAPA Publications
- CHAPA Programs
- Contact and Directions
- Housing Policy
- Consultant Directory
- Jobs Board
- Join CHAPA
- Looking for Housing?
Ten Reasons to Join CHAPA
Six reasons to become an individual CHAPA member ($75 fee):
1. CHAPA represents your interests before state and federal legislators and key administrative agencies on housing legislation and funding (recent efforts include: advocating for preservation of Section 8 and expiring use properties; passage of the state housing trust fund, state housing tax credit, and 2002 bond bill; and regulatory changes to Chapter 40B.)
2. Discounts to all lunch forums, conferences, and trainings on subjects of interest (This represents a potential savings of over $100 per year for individuals, and even more for organizations).
3. Monthly housing briefs, legislative alerts (either by mail or email), and other CHAPA mailings.
4. Free or discounted CHAPA publications, such as research reports, legislative recommendations, and statistical analyses.
5. Availability of CHAPA staff who serve as a central exchange and clearinghouse for information on housing and planning programs and issues.
6. Opportunity to participate on CHAPA committees which seek to make real changes on housing and planning problems in Massachusetts and the nation.
Four reasons to become an organizational CHAPA member ($750 fee):
1. Membership status for all employees of your organization.
2. Free admission for one employee to all lunch forums over the next year (There will be approximately ten forums per year).
3. 30% discount for one staff person for all conferences held during the year.
4. Publicity as a "supporting organization" in CHAPA's Annual Report and other publications.