- About CHAPA
- Housing Policy
- CHAPA's Budget and Legislative Priorities
- Smart Growth
- CHAPA Housing Briefs
- Chapter 40B
- Research and Reports
- Foreclosure Information
- Public Housing Reform
- The Attorney General's Community Based HomeCorps
- New England Housing Network
- On Solid Ground
- Consultant Directory
- Jobs Board
- Housing & Courses
- Engage with CHAPA!
- Create a login to manage your account, membership, & events!
- Already have an account? Login!
- Post Jobs, Consultant Listings, & Homebuyer Workshops
- Join CHAPA
- Become a New Individual CHAPA Member!
- Become a New Organizational CHAPA Member!
- Donate to CHAPA!
- Join CHAPA's Email List!
Looking for 40B and other affordable homeownership lotteries? Click here.
- HUD's FY 2016 Income Limits - March 29, 2016
- October 2015 40B Training Materials - October 2, 2015
- HUD's 2015 Area Median Income Limits - Massachusetts Only - March 23, 2015
- HUD's 2015 Area Median Income Limits - March 23, 2015
- DHCD's Chapter 40B Subsidized Housing Inventory (PDF file) - Updated Monthly
- 2014 MHP 8th Annual Housing Institute CHAPA Presentation - June 12, 2014
- Chapter 40B Fact Sheet - January, 2014
- HUD's 2014 Area Median Income Limits:Massachusetts only - December 20, 2013
- HUD's 2014 Area Median Income Limits - December 20, 2013
- Updated Comprehensive Permit (40B) Guidelines - May 29, 2013
- HUD's 2013 Area Median Income Limits
- The Next Chapter of 40B: A Training on the Fundamentals and Latest Developments in the Affordable Housing Law - January 2012
- HUD's 2012 Area Median Income Limits for Massachusetts - January, 2012
- Fact Sheet (prepared by CHAPA) - Updated November 2011
- Link to Massachusetts Department of Housing and Community Development 40B Web Site
- Link to Massachusetts Housing Partnership Web Site
Overcoming Restrictive Zoning for Affordable Housing in Five States: Observations for Massachusetts
Rachel Bratt, Tufts University
- 2012 Comprehensive Permit Regulations; Explanation of 2012 Final Regulations
- June 2011 Training Materials
- DHCD Design Guidelines - March, 2011
On the Ground: 40B Developments Before and After
Alexandra DeGenova, Brendan Goodwin, Shannon Moriarty, and Jeremy Robitaille
Urban and Environmental Policy and Planning, Tufts University
- Chapter 40B Housing Production Update prepared by CHAPA (PDF File) - December 16, 2008
Reviewing 40B: What Gets Proposed, Approved, Appealed and Built? (PDF file)
Lynn Fisher, Department of Urban Studies and Planning and the Center for Real Estate, MIT
- Summary of New 40B Guidelines (PDF File) - April 15, 2008
- DHCD Powerpoint Presentation on New Regulations (PDF File) - April 15, 2008
- Housing Appeals Committee Mediation Program (PDF File) - March 31, 2008
- New 40B Guidelines - March 20, 2008
New Chapter 40B Regulations:
Regulations (PDF File)
CHAPA's Summary (PDF File)
February 22, 2008
- MIT Center for Real Estate, Housing Conference Materials (Ch. 40B, affordability index, land density) - June 11, 2007
- New State Deed Rider for Affordable Housing Units with Restrictions Surviving Foreclosure (MassHousing) (PDF file) - June 8, 2006
- Guidance on Holding Lotteries for NEF (PDF file) - Updated October 2005
- 40B Production and Pipeline Report (PDF file) - March 2005
- CHAPA Report: The Record on 40B: The Effectiveness of the Massachusetts Affordable Housing Zoning Law - June 13, 2003
Governor's Task Force Report on 40B (PDF file)
Go to DHCD's website to read the appendices.
June 12, 2003
- CHAPA Report: The Faces of 40B: Profiles of Families Living in Affordable Housing (PDF file) - June 9, 2003